Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Amberg

On Saturday, we were invited to go to Amberg with some friends for an advertised flea market, but it wasn't there. We had a great time anyway; the produce market was there, which is always pleasing to the eye:






This was a sign outside of a tattoo shop; I think it's interesting to see the cultural differences in attitude towards nudity.




And this is the church on top of the hill in Amberg. I can't remember what the name of it is, even though I've been there a million times. Does anyone know? Leave a comment if you do:



And this is the gorgeous view from the hill. I'm going to miss all the red-roofed buildings:

3 comments:

The Girl said...

Wallfahrtskirche Mariahilfberg



That's what it says on the postcard I bought there, anyway. :)

Jen said...

The book I have about Amberg (in English) calls it St. Mary's on the hill. (Which I guess is the translation of the second word that 'the girl' wrote.)

cltgrace said...

I used to live in Amberg - I love Mariahilfberg - There is a bench that overlooks the village just below the restaurant and at the top of 100 stairs. The view is simply amazing~ Thanks for reminding me...