Monday, February 20, 2006
Yup. It's mine. Don't be jealous.
I woke up at an ungodly hour (0430 to be exact) to be the highest bidder for this beautiful Jeep Wagoneer (Sarah and Kelly: no more "Oh my god, Erin...you woke up before 0800?"...lol...if there is a good reason to be up before the sun, I'm there). Anyway, I bought it on eBay for $1225 in the last six minutes of the auction. I'm sure I pissed off the previous high bidder...his bid was $1200.
I conned my mom into picking it up for me...right now it is in Bend, Oregon...about five hours from her house. Being spoiled rotten does have its advantages.
Sigh. I'm in love.
Sexy, isn't it?
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
1. I know how to milk a goat...and not I-kind-of-learned-how-to at the county fair. I really know how to milk a goat.
2. I wish it were possible for me to save every animal on the planet from being abused and neglected.
3. I have a phobia of contracting HIV (seriously, this keeps me up at night...I know I have issues).
4. I was voted "Most Reliable" in high school...It shocked the hell out of me.
5. I'm constantly thinking about how to rearrange the furniture in my house.
6. My kitchen cabinets are so unorganized, I have to use a flashlight to find what I need.
7. I fear being the only one that understands my step-daughter.
8. I have a really hard time forgiving myself for some of the things I've done.
9. I really hate shaving. I want to have all my leg hair lasered off.
10. I honestly don't know if I want children of my own.
11. People that use big words intimidate me.
12. I never measure anything when I cook. I like Rachael Ray's motto: "Eyeball it"
13. When I die, I want my body to be donated to science, cremated, and sprinkled all over my family cabin property.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Monday, February 13, 2006
Rome was my favorite part of my parents' Christmas visit. I studied the Sistine Chapel in college, and promised myself that I would go someday. The Vatican really is all it's cracked up to be...Usually touristy stuff doesn't really impress me all that much, but I loved Rome.
I realized within the first hour of entering Italy, however, that NO ONE there speaks English (I have more luck with the Asians in Czech speaking English). Since I speak absolutely no Italian, the communication was interesting. On the first day, I got yelled at in Italian by the bus driver (I have no idea why he was yelling at me, by the way).
There also seemed to be a high concentration of crazies in Rome. They all seemed to sit next to Scout on the bus...and he is so uptight about strangers being in his personal space...we had a good laugh about it, he had a headache. One guy started a fight on the bus (right next to Scout), and I thought he was going to jump out the window.
And Mom, I will never forget getting ripped off by that four foot Italian lady. 117 Euros FOR LUNCH. Never again....Good thing you paid...lol...
Friday, February 10, 2006
Saturday, February 04, 2006
4 Jobs You Have Had in Your Life
1. Short Order Grill Cook
2. Microbiology Lab Assistant
3. Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
4. Commissary Cashier
4 Movies You Would Watch Over and Over
1. Pretty Woman
2. Under the Tuscan Sun
3. Full Metal Jacket
4 Places You Have Lived
4 TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. The Biggest Loser
4. Jay Leno
4 Places You Have Been on Vacation
4. The Bahamas
4 Web- sites You Visit Daily
1. Trying to Grok
2. Yahoo! Mail
4 Favorite Foods
4. Anything Thai
4 Places You Would Rather Be Right Now
3. Hobby Lobby