Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sty In My Eye

I spent a good part of my day in the emergency room.

Why, you ask? I had a double-sty. INSIDE.My.Freakin'.Eye. And by the way, sty is just a really nice way of saying: Huge Freakin' Zit On One's Eyelid.

After two hours of listening to screaming children and being reasonably sure that my leather Fossil bag would have been heaved on had I not promptly moved it, a doctor told me she could relieve my painful, itchy eye ailment by popping the sty with a scalpel. Believe it or not, it sounded less torturous than letting the damn thing pop on its own.

So I called Scout back to the makeshift "Emergency Room" to hold my hand, which was really just a hallway with folding chairs filled with other patients. As I laid my head back to rest it on the wall, a medic held me down and the doctor proceeded to do what felt like plucking my eyeball out with a spoon. Dang, it hurt.

So now my eye is just a little swollen, but it feels much better.

And Scout decided that he needed another dog today. But that's a whole different post. I'll blog about it when I can post some pictures.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy crap, girl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.