Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Potpourri

Today's a mixture of things that have been on my mind lately.

It's a rainy day here in Texas, and I'm trying to catch up on all the things I'm too busy (or too lazy) to do on the days I work. There are things still strewn about my house from moving (by the way: where did I get 46 candle holders, and where the hell do I put them?), the wretched carpets have been ripped up (which means we are living on concrete until we buckle down and put the wood floors in), and I have eight skeins of yarn begging me to knit them into socks.

At any rate, any day off from work is a good day. I've realized lately that I have a love-hate relationship with my job. More on that later.

And surprisingly, I weigh less now than I did when I got married. And the great thing is, I have no clue how it happened. I am 40 pounds lighter than my highest weight, and I've lost 26 pounds since I started Weight Watchers. My mouth literally drops every time I get on the scale.

Finally, I was given a direct order from SSG Scout to look for a new job today. He's seeing the change that my current job is having on me, and he doesn't like it. I can't say that I like who I am right now either, but I have learned a lot. I either feel cranky or completely worn out after a day of pawn broking. The problem is, I have no freakin' clue what I want to do. And part of me really wants to stay where I'm at (not only because there are good things about it, but because I'm sick of starting over. I do that enough being married to someone who has to move every three years).

Well, I'm off to follow my orders and organize my closet. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Dick said...

Tell the better half I said congrats.
I only made it to E-5.
I could only imagine that the pawn gig would make a person very cold and very cynical.

Nicole said...

Congrats on your hubby's promotion. :) (well it's rightfully yours too ;) I hear you on the job dilemma...I can't tell you how many times I've had identical thoughts..."this sucks but I don't want to start over..." So goes the Army life! lol :)