Sunday, June 01, 2008

Run for the Rovers

ABW and I completed our second 5k today (although, as I hacked up part of a lung, I seriously wondered if I would make it to the finish line; I can't seem to get rid of my cold).

It was a race put on by Blue Dog Rescue, whose cause is something near and dear to my heart.

It was so much fun to see all of the different dogs there; from the conversations I overheard, most of them were rescued in some form or fashion. It was lovely to be there.

After the race:


Lewis was absolutely exhausted (and has a horrible hair cut by the way. I don't want to get into that story right now.):


So many dogs laid in the pools that were designated for drinking, but this is the only one I caught in action. Hilarious!:


And it's so nice to have a friend who can actually take a picture of me with Tucker. All the pictures I take are of him in his crib!:

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

wow two 5k's. im very impressed! i feel good when i do 30 minutes on the treadmill (walking that is) : )

Anonymous said...

what a sweet picture of you and Tucker and the dog :) I wish you two weren't so far away from where I am because I would come and run with you! The heat about does me in this time of year, though. Good job!

Guard Wife said...

Love the photos! Lewis looks so much like Henry (our rescued chocolate lab)...don't you just love him??

Tucker is the cutest! Love the photo of the 3 of you together. :)