Wednesday, December 30, 2009

(Anti) Resolutions

I'm usually against resolutions. I understand why people make them, but I've also had my fair share of failed resolutions, so I kind of gave up on them all together.

However, I'm giving resolutions another shot. Here's what I plan to change in the new year:

1. Less carbs. I've been reading that women (like myself) with PCOS see a decrease, if not total elimination of PCOS symptoms when following a carb controlled diet. This might be the key to my infertility - we'll see.

2. Handmade gifts. Over the last few years, I've developed a low tolerance for shopping malls. We went to one yesterday and I felt crazy! Talk about sensory overload! I've decided that gifts from me will be handmade this year, whether they're made by me or someone on etsy (check out my favorites - I've already been planning!).

3. Quit smoking. This one is the most difficult for me. I've done it a million times before, and it has sucked every time. I already know that if I were to get pregnant, I would quit immediately, but I also feel like I don't have the right to complain about being infertile if I'm going to continue to light up. This resolution is a maybe. But I'd for sure like to cut back.

What are your resolutions this year?

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I'm going to try to be a better person. I know that sounds like one of those big vauge ones that gets broken the first minute but I'd like to curse less, eat better, let go of things easier, all that good stuff

happy new year!

Abbey said...

Mine is pretty boring... to keep track of our family budget. So boring!

ABW said...

Hey, where's run a triathlon on that list?

I haven't had time to think of everything that I want to accomplish this year, but I'm working on it!

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of the "standard" resolutions, one of which is losing weight and begin training for the Marine Corps mud run in September. I've gained back every bit of weight I lost in 2004 and while it took me six years to do it, I ain't proud and I don't want to buy new jeans. So far, so good.

Another is keeping track of our spending in hopes of actually maintaining a budget.

I want to cook more, which goes hand in hand with my budgeting. I have tons and tons of cookbooks and wrote one...my goal is to use all of them.

I'm with the Mrs. and want to be a better person all around and find, and keep, peace within my own heart and soul.

Happy New Year...I hope all your dreams come true.