Sunday, March 07, 2010

Busy Bee

I've been sewing up a storm lately. I'm on a roll and feel like I can't stop!

I decided that Butterball needed a matching purse for the dress I made her:

And when the handle on my school bag broke, I designed (ok, Erin, not that big of a deal) and made a new one! Can you see the pleats? It's much cuter in person, but I'm also kicking myself for not interfacing it:

I embellished our Plain Jane shower curtain with some vintage lace out of my Grandmother's stash:

And.....





Warning: If you are my sister and want to be surprised for your birthday, do not continue to scroll.












Are you sure?













Ok. The purse:

And the makeup bag (my first project including a zipper. Not quite as bad as I expected):

And now, I'm going to participate in Spring Top Week, over at Rae's. Now that birthdays are under control, I'm going to sew for me, me, me.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful work, as always!! And do you read the Selfish Seamstress? Your last line just reminded me of her, her anti-sewing-for-others haikus are hilarious.

Meghan said...

I LOVE IT ALL!!
FYI when your putting little things in teags bag for the plane, she loves chapstik. Cant wait to see you!

prettyinink0402 said...

Your things are beautiful...I found you randomly on a military wife blog...I look forward to following you!!!