Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Quest to Become the World's Best Housewife

I can't find a job. To be honest, I don't really want to work outside of my home - and this is a recent revelation.

I finished college to stretch my brain and secure my place in the job market. No one told me that if the economy failed, a college education would mean next to nothing. Even if you're a teacher.

After being frustrated, anxious, and annoyed by my professional situation, I've decided to say, "Screw the economy. I'm gonna be the best damn housewife/mother that the world has seen." (Ok, maybe that last part is a stretch. But I'm going to try.)

I'm also striving to be a better blogger. Posting once every eight months is not what I would consider acceptable. I hope to have a tutorial up tomorrow for Old Spaghetti Factory's Creamy Pesto salad dressing! See you then...

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Isn't that the truth about a college degree meaning squat?!? I'm having the same problem right now. I spend four years at home with my daughter and now because I don't have much professional experience I rarely get a second look. Oh well, life is all about choices!

Abbey said...

Jon will love you if you post the pesto ranch recipe!

Erin said...

Carissa, I'm learning to be content in the situation I'm in. I've never been comfortable with the idea of being a stay-at-home mom, but it definitely has it's perks! (And I'm truly amazed by women who do it well.)

Sorry again, Abbey. :(