Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm the Fat Bridesmaid



Ok, so I'm feeling a little chubby. Well, a lot chubby. No, modestly obese.

I've been looking at pictures from my sister's wedding, and I am officially The Fat Bridesmaid. So depressing. I look like the Incredible Hulk - minus the Incredible part of that equation (and I'm sure it doesn't help that all of my sister's friends are skinny and cute).

I've gained a good thirty pounds in the last few years. And I wasn't all that small to begin with.

So the other day, I drove my pudgy ass to Weight Watchers with my mom (after indulging one last time at Arby's, of course).

So naturally, the location had changed since the last time I joined. We spent twenty minutes driving around like tourists trying to find the place. No luck. But no worries - I was able to eat at Taco Bell the next day.

So now we've found out where it is, and we'll be going back this Tuesday.

The thing about my extra weight is that I don't want to see old friends. I'll be seeing quite a few of them on our drive to Texas, but I've actually thought about canceling our plans with them because I'm afraid that they'll snicker something after we've left like, "Man, did you see her ass? It's huge!"

Hmmm. Papa Murphy's sounds really good right about now.

6 comments:

sharona said...

Dude, I feel your pain. I think we're in the same pudgy boat. In fact, I may even be captain of the pudgy boat. So, good luck with your Weight Watchers endeavor! I'm cheering you on! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

I can still say that I Love You, right??

Tim

Anonymous said...

Where's that chick that blogged a few months ago about caring less of New Year's Resolutions and more about personal happiness? I know, I totally know how you feel- I'm too a member of the pudgy crew- 30lbs heavier than I should be. And I also know the feeling of returning home to skinny, cute friends. Fortunately they are great friends and don't judge. Your's won't either, at least not to your face, and- they might be pudgy too- hopefully. They love you regardless. I say this confidently, in the safe confines of my home, 2200 miles away from those twigs,wishing for a cigarette and drinking a beer. At least I'm half-healthier. Good luck on your crusade, I'll have a donut for you in the morning.

Anonymous said...

baby i love you the way you are and always will i think you are the most beautiful person in the world
scout

Cindy said...

Well Erin...If you were the fat bridesmaid, I was the fat mother of the bride. I more than feel your pain. I tryed for a whole year and I won't tell you all I did. Yeah, I know what to do, how to eat, how to exercise and I hate it all. I even hate the thought of going to Weight Watchers this next Tuesday. Dr. Phil we need you!!! I think I need to go on the Biggist Losers where they run your butt off. Can't believe I ever made it through Basic Training. Here's to our last weekend of freedom. Pass the Krispie Kreams please. Mom

Only $19.95 said...

I think you are beautiful, too! A few pounds doesn't mean anything. I know how you feel, though, and tear myself up sometimes.

Try not to be too hard on yourself!