Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Hate Interviews

Well, I guess I should say I hate preparing for interviews.

I've noticed a pattern emerging: I buy an interview outfit. Interview outfit doesn't fit the night before interview. I freak out. I tear my closet apart and do six loads of laundry in an attempt to find appropriate attire. I return the interview outfit that I bought.

I have a few strikes against me:

1) It is freakin' hot in Texas (toward the end of June, may I remind you).
2) I have a tattoo the size of Montana on my forearm that I'd rather not show off to prospective employers (and I still have 4-7 laser treatments left).
3) It's freakin' hot in Texas.

Translation: I have to wear long sleeves in order to hide my tattoo, but it's so hot outside that my waterproof mascara and tinted moisturizer melt off by 8am. Long sleeves in the summer heat just don't make me happy.

So I'm up waiting for another load of laundry to come out of the dryer. And my closet full of clean clothes has yielded no results. Here's to hoping I show up to the interview with more than a bikini on.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What if you had a regular shirt with a light sweater or jacket? And just put the sweater on right before the interview. Tell them you are allergic to cold air. Or something like that.

The Mrs. said...

doh i just posted the comment for your interview in the post below. i guess my attention span hasnt improved much since that one interview.