Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life is Good

You know how you come back from a really fun day and you have few (or zero) photos to prove that day ever existed? That's how the last week and a half feels; we've had such a good time that we've somehow forgotten that we even own a camera.

Scout immediately went to work on hanging the swing that Grandma Seattle bought in, what? November? Obviously, I never got around to it. But it was well worth the wait; Tucker loves it.


And I actually cooked breakfast for the first time in about nine years (it feels that long) - the boys loved sweet potato pancakes, and ate them together while I finished cooking the rest of the batch.


And Tucker had bath time with Daddy after his first hair cut (which he needed terribly!).


Papers are graded, Tucker is napping, and the roast for dinner is cooking. I'm off to play Guitar Hero with my oh-so wonderful (non-deployed) husband.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

Looks like everything is perfect!! Tucker is adorable!

Vypergirl said...

Yay!!!! I am so happy that Scout is back and everything is going well!

wifeunit said...

YAY YAY YAY!!

Too cute and so glad you've hit the end of the road on this deployment! So glad Tucker and Scout get to enjoy each other!

Only $19.95 said...

Holy CRAP! Tucker. Dude!!! I miss you soooo bad! I want to swing Tucker in that little car!!!

Heidi said...

Thanks for updating . . . have been wondering if you were all finally a family in the same house! And I swear Tucker can't get any cuter! Just adorable!

Sarah said...

Welcome home, Scout. Glad to know you're safe and sound.