The wireless Internet has been hit and miss, but I've decided to take a stab at posting.
Let's recap our trip so far:
1. Shattered windshield.
2. Murdered turtle.
3. Demolished water pipe at Amarillo KOA.
4. Spent $1200 getting the trailer functional.
5. Spent $800 fixing our trusty pick-up.
6. Got scolded by assholes at Colorado Springs KOA.
7. Still being monitored by assholes at Colorado Springs KOA.
8. Lewis developed masses in his chest. (Turned out to be severe allergies.)
9. Found a house. Take possession Tuesday (that's our silver lining).
My friends, it has been hell. I have cried quite a bit. Scout has experienced a lot of anxiety. But we've made it.
And Tucker has been awesome - happy, joyful, and lovely. He has recently decided that all of the dogs are named Daisy. He points to one of them (rarely the real Daisy) and says it very distinctly. When we try to correct him, he asserts that it is, in fact, Daisy.
I've tried finding a job, but so far that part has been much harder than finding a house.
But I'm already checking CraigsList for chickens and goats. I couldn't be more excited about that (our house is on 36 acres with a loafing shed - we are ready for some livestock!).
And now for a few pictures.
Daisy (yes, the real Daisy) enjoyed the entire trip from Texas to Colorado:
It has been storming constantly since we got here (looks awesome, huh?). I tell you, there is nothing like Colorado lightning. This is the view from our RV: